Office (Re/Max): (905) 476-4111
Cell Phone: (289) 221-2112
Mortgage Agent - Lic. #10409
Fax Machine: 1 (905) 656-6560
Credit Rating or Score - a measure of your credit-worthiness based on your history of borrowing and repayment. The higher your score, the easier it becomes for you to borrow.
Credit Bureau - document that provides a credit history about how you handle debt. This information is gathered from
financial institutions and other lenders. Most of your credit
information remains on your file for six years.
Checking Your Credit Rating:
As a consumer, it's your right to know your credit rating. You
can get a copy of your credit report through Equifax or TransUnion (see Useful Links) for free, or
for a nominal charge.
Follow these guidelines to maintain a good credit score...
- Pay your bills before or on the due date, especially credit cards
- Borrow only what you need and what you can afford
- Make sure you do not default on any loan payments
- Keep your balances at about 60% of the credit card or line of credit
- Limit or monitor the amount of inquiries taken from your
It can be very hard to borrow
with no credit or "bad credit" but it is always manageable. It may take
a year to get your credit where it needs to be, but it can always be done! Even after a bankruptcy. Diana can provide you with advice and guidance to building good credit. We also offer Secured Visa Cards to help build your credit/get your credit started.
Understanding your Credit